Saturday, September 19, 2020

Goodbye Ruth by Don Robbins- A Ghost Story That Really Happened

 

  We know, that sometimes in this world things can seem strange, impossible, or just unexplainable.

   Such was the case on a particular Friday afternoon – here on planet Earth. The following is an account of a strange incident that took place in my apartment while I was preparing a cake to eat a piece of after I had lunch. The time does not matter, right now. It may come into some relevance later, though. You can be the judge of that.

   The date of the incident is September 18, 2020.

    I was in the process of making beans with chili, a favorite dish of mine. The beans had been cooking all morning and were nearly done. I put some Spam type meat into the beans about thirty minutes before I turned them off. The beans were setting in the large metal pot I cook them in, cooling down. I would say that it would take roughly twenty minutes for the beans to cool off enough to eat them.

   Meanwhile I had placed the cake batter that I made from scratch into a pan and was waiting for the cake to cook. After waiting for the beans to cool down I checked the cake. It was almost ready.

   I closed the lid back on the electric oven that I was cooking the cake in. The cake was apple with cinnamon. Also, a favorite of mine.

    I came into the front room that is next to the kitchen in my apartment and set down in front of my computer. I was watching something on it for about five minutes before I went back into the kitchen to check on the cake. I knew it was almost done when I checked it last. I decided to check it again and then let it cool off. I checked the cake and it was done. I left the cake in the cooker. Then, I went back into the front room and set down to the computer. I was looking at a picture that I took when I noticed a picture beside it on the files that I did not recognize. I could not see what the picture was. I kept looking but could not remember taking it. I had been to that part of my files before and I did not remember it. Later, I realized that it was something I was working on and that I had just forgotten it. Here’s a pic of what I was working on at the time. I posted prints and items with the artwork for sale on FineArtAmerica. 





  

  I know it looks silly with the fangs. Later, after posting it for sale I went back and removed the fangs. 

     I think this looks better. It is for Halloween decorations. It is called The All-Seeing Eye.

    As I checked these pictures, I went back to eat lunch in the kitchen. I got a bowl to put beans in. Placed the bowl on the counter. Got a spoon. Tasted the beans. (They were good.) Then I went to check the cake.

     I looked down into the cooker and noticed what looked like bite marks at the end of the cake on the side closest to me. It was just like a small person with a small mouth had taken a bite out of the cake! You could see the teeth marks.

   I knew I could not have left the teeth marks on the cake because I do not have any teeth!

    How and who was it that had bitten my cake? I wandered how it had happened.

    The cake was not thick like regular cake. It was only about one and a half inch thick. You could see the teeth marks easily. There was no mistaking that someone or something had helped themselves to a bite of my apple cake!

   (Apple cake. Same thing as apple pancakes, only cooked in an oven.)

     Ruth Bader Ginsburg died sometime on the eighteenth of September two thousand and twenty. After I heard of her passing, I changed the mask artwork and it came out like this. In honor of her life in the Supreme Court and her devotion to rights.

   In her passing, I would like to think that she stopped by and helped herself to a bite of my apple cake.

    Goodbye Ruth.



RIP/RBG.

 

 

      

   

No comments:

Post a Comment