Friday, July 20, 2018

Accident On Table Rock Lake In Missouri- I Fished There A Lot



   Some might ask why a boat like the Duck boat that overturned at Table Rock lake in Missouri was on the lake in a storm, in the first place.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/20/duck-boat-capsizes-on-missouri-lake-multiple-casualties-reported.html This morning when I learned of the accident, I cried. It's been a long time since I cried about anything but the tears came and I felt sad about the horrible accident. Weather related accidents often are things that hit close to home in this part of the country. I have personal connections near the area. Beautiful day here and tragedy there, not so far away. Missouri is in our hearts today. 
   Something horrible happened to me when I lived there. I live in Oklahoma now. I guess it all came back when the boat capsized and the people who lost their lives came up on the news. I spent many days on that lake fishing. I knew the dangers of being out there on a boat. And I can tell you being on the lakes in boats is an unpredictable thing when it comes to accidents. The weather can play tricks on you. Storms can come up all of a sudden, the wind can change direction. Lightning, hail, winds strong enough to push you out of the boat if your standing up.
    Sometimes winds can come ahead of a storm blowing in. I think that was the case with the Duck boat. It happens. Or someone makes a mistake and thinks they can get an extra hour of fun before the storm hits. Accidents happen. 
    If I was there, I would probably be on the lake today. I'm so sorry and prayers go out to the families and people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment