Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Jim Jones Incident In Tulsa- Four Years Before Jamestown

  It was about four years before the murder suicide in Jonestown that Jim Jones came to our house in Tulsa and tried to talk my parents into selling their house and going to Jonestown with the church members.

Jim Jones and I had an altercation at my parents house in 1974. It had something to do with an argument over a glass of Kool-Aid. His body guard subtly threatened me so I showed them out at the end of a twenty gauge shotgun. Because of that I became a suspect in his death.

  My uncle Dennis was a personal friend and church member at Jim Jones church in Willits California. Dennis lived in Covelo, a town in the Round Valley Reservation. Covelo was about 15 miles from Willits. 

My parents didn't go to South America. Neither did Dennis.

I was a suspect in the death of Jim Jones and the church members. The police in Tulsa searched my parents house where I was staying in Tulsa after the Jonestown incident.

 People related to my uncle and other religious people called me "KOOL-Aid Boy" after that. Many claimed I had something to do with it. People in my family said they believed I was involved somehow but they didn't know how.

It was a hateful thing for them to say.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment